Tuesday 11 May 2010

It begins again

...as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted. The idea of a blog is wonderful, the willful continuence of one an entirely different matter. Ignoring the much paved road of good intention below me, I've once again taken on the challenge to write a regular blog. Like all things organic, lets see where it takes me on it's latest encounter

I live in the South Down village of Rostrevor on the shores of Carlingford Lough. To say it is a beautiful place is like saying Helen of Troy was a bit of a looker. Like most small villages or places, that beauty is often missed by many of the the people who were born here, who go about their daily lives, not noticing the ever changing colours of the sky against sea, the ever rising lush backdrop of Slieve Martin ushering would be walkers to the southernmost delights of the majestic Mourne Mountains, and a hundred other beautiful gifts of nature that adorn the area. To be fair, they probably do. It just seems that a visitor or blow in like me has a keener eye for what's been under their noses forever. Perhaps it's the beauty of the area that gives them some sort of serenity from living in such a place. It certainly does for me

For those who have never ventured this way, let me make you aware of a wonderful festival that brings many from around the world here in mid July. The Fiddler's Green Festival celebrates a nearby beauty spot and it's musical heritage with a week of activities that this year includes performances from the legendary songwriter and performer Tom Paxton. It offers daytime walks and talks and a host of other activities, with an outdoor performance stage in the centre of the village. If your hear during the week, do drop in for a cup of tea.

It's been a busy two weeks for me, between working on various projects. I have almost finished filming for a documentary on Killowen School which celebrates 100 years. On saturday, I was part of and an attendee at Craigavon Bizcamp at the C.I.D.O. Centre. Sixty enthusiastic networkers in one building for over 8 hours provided enough "business adrenaline" to power the economic recovery of Greece. By Wednesday, I'll be posting the video insight to what happened. Tonight I visit the local drama group in Rostrevor with the intention of filming their soon to be performed production, "The Wedding", which takes place in St Bronagh's Hall on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening, broken legs allowing.

Thanks for your attention for my reemergence as a blogging force. Like me, I hope you're already looking forward to the next edition

No comments: